Welcome to Anacapa Animal Hospital
We are a full-service veterinary hospital accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association for over 30 years and certified by the AAFP as a Cat-Friendly Practice. Our veterinarians, Dr. J. Burner, Dr. Karen Sama and Dr. Marilynn Studnicka provide exceptional animal care that meets and exceeds the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We pride ourselves on providing the most comprehensive and attentive care possible in a low-stress environment.
Unique Reception Areas
We've dedicated one of our exam rooms for our feline patients which features our feline resource center.
We've also created a Client Comfort Room to provide a private space for you to visit with your pet when they face a serious illness.
The Anacapa Animal Hospital Difference
Anacapa Animal Hospital is an award-winning, Ventura veterinary hospital. We are a full-service veterinary hospital, specializing in the treatment of cats and dogs – as well as small mammals. Our clinic has been providing veterinary services to the Ventura community since 1975. Our goal is to provide the very best veterinary care with a cheerful, caring, and compassionate attitude to help our patients live a long and healthy life.
“When you come to Anacapa Animal Hospital, expect a difference from our award-winning Ventura veterinary hospital!”
- MODERN & SPACIOUS FACILITY – Our unique pet hospital features two separate waiting areas for dogs and cats. This provides a calm and relaxing wait for not only the patients, but you as well. By keeping dogs and cats separate from one another, we hope to minimize anxiety so that each will be more relaxed in preparation for their examination. Species-specific calming pheromones, compounds that are naturally secreted by animals so that they can communicate with members of the same species, are emitted in each waiting area.
- EXTENDED APPOINTMENT TIMES – Double the average appointment time found at other clinics! This extra time provides extra value to you and allows us to dedicate the attention and focus necessary for addressing all of your concerns.
- ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS & TECHNOLOGY – By combining advanced training, years of experience and a commitment to the latest medical technology, our veterinarians are able to diagnose and treat your pet quickly. Our pet hospital is well-equipped with an advanced in-house laboratory, digital ultrasound, electronic medical records and a digital x-ray unit. Our x-rays are evaluated by a board-certified radiologist to ensure a higher quality of care and are accessible online for our clients to review.
- PET COMFORT IS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN – We believe that pets should be treated in the same manner as human beings. At our hospital, pain relief is administered to all pets that are in discomfort. In addition, we recommend pre-operative blood work on all surgical patients to make sure their organ systems are healthy before going under anesthesia. Whether your pet is boarding with us or hospitalized, their comfort is always our priority.
- YOUR COMFORT AND TRUST – Our clients’ comfort and trust is of the utmost importance to us, as well. At our pet hospital, we take the time to give cost-treatment plans, introduce you to the staff, and give hospital and boarding facility tours at any time. From our spacious visiting area to our extra-large exam rooms, we strive to maintain a soothing and quiet atmosphere that reduces anxiety in pets and is pleasant for their owners, as well. Children are always welcome in our practice – we have play-vet kits and coloring books available to entertain our little guests so that you your full attention is available to discuss your pets needs with our doctors. Our staff and doctors make daily phone calls to clients to make sure their pet is still doing well after its visit to the hospital and to address any additional questions that may have come up have after your visit. We are always here to address your pet’s needs!
- EXTENDED HOURS & ACCESS TO CARE – Our veterinary hospital is open SIX FULL DAYS A WEEK and we offer drop-off appointments to accommodate all schedules at no extra charge. In the event that your pet should have an after-hours emergency, we work closely with the after-hours emergency hospitals to maintain necessary communication and provide the best follow-up care possible for each case.
Our dedication to providing the best care possible while prioritizing the comfort of both you and your pet is truly the Anacapa difference.